THE TOP 10 USA Overnight Tours
Read more at Travel and Gears suggested Cool Destinations & USA Overnight Tours
1. Monument Valley Hogan Overnight Experience
The Monument Valley Hogan Overnight Experience offers a unique opportunity to immerse yourself in the rich Native American culture and stunning landscapes of Monument Valley, which straddles the border of Utah and Arizona in the southwestern United States.
- Hogans are traditional Navajo dwellings, and during this overnight experience, you have the chance to stay in one of these traditional structures, gaining insight into the traditional way of life of the Navajo people. The experience typically includes the following:
- Accommodation: You’ll stay in a traditional Navajo Hogan, which is a dome-shaped dwelling made of wooden poles and covered with earth and clay. It provides a rustic, authentic, and culturally immersive lodging option.
- Navajo Guides: Throughout the experience, Navajo guides will lead you on various tours, sharing their knowledge about the history, geology, and significance of Monument Valley. They will also provide insights into Navajo traditions, stories, and customs.
- Spectacular Scenery: Monument Valley is famous for its iconic red sandstone buttes, mesas, and spires, making it a photographer’s dream. The overnight experience allows you to witness both sunset and sunrise over the breathtaking landscape.
- Stargazing: Being away from city lights, Monument Valley offers excellent opportunities for stargazing. On clear nights, you can witness a sky full of stars and learn about the importance of stars and constellations in Navajo culture.
- Traditional Navajo Meals: You will likely have the chance to enjoy traditional Navajo cuisine, providing a taste of the local flavors and culinary customs.
- Cultural Demonstrations: Depending on the specific tour, you may have the chance to participate in or observe traditional Navajo activities, such as rug weaving or silversmithing.
- Campfire Gatherings: Enjoy storytelling and cultural performances around the campfire, where you can learn more about the history, traditions, and beliefs of the Navajo people.
2. Big Island - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park Driving
The Big Island of Hawaii offers a unique and diverse landscape, and one of its most prominent attractions is Hawaii Volcanoes National Park. If you’re interested in exploring the volcanic wonders of the island, a driving overnight tour to Hawaii Volcanoes National Park can be an incredible experience. Keep in mind that my information is based on data up to September 2021, and tour offerings may have changed since then. Here’s what you might expect from such a tour:
Day 1: Exploring the Park
- Pickup and Departure: The tour will likely start with a pickup from a designated location on the Big Island. After a brief introduction and safety briefing, the group will depart for Hawaii Volcanoes National Park.
- Kilauea Visitor Center: Upon arrival at the park, the tour might begin with a visit to the Kilauea Visitor Center. Here, you can gather information about the park’s geology, hiking trails, safety guidelines, and current volcanic activity updates.
- Crater Rim Drive: The tour will likely take you along Crater Rim Drive, a scenic road that circles the summit caldera of Kilauea volcano. Along the way, you can stop at several viewpoints to witness the steam vents, sulfur banks, and other geological features.
- Thurston Lava Tube: A stop at the Thurston Lava Tube is usually included. This natural tunnel was formed by flowing lava and offers a unique perspective of volcanic activity.
- Jaggar Museum: The Jaggar Museum and Overlook provide a close view of the active Halema’uma’u Crater, which is often glowing with molten lava. This is an excellent spot for viewing the volcano after dark.
- Dinner: Dinner will likely be provided, either at a restaurant near the park or as part of a picnic dinner prepared by the tour operator.
- Nighttime Viewing (if permitted): Depending on the current volcanic activity and park regulations, your tour might include nighttime viewing of the lava glow from designated safe areas.
Day 2: Sunrise and Exploration
- Sunrise at Haleakalā: Rise early to witness the sunrise over the Halema’uma’u Crater. The early morning light creates a dramatic and unforgettable scene.
- Hiking and Exploration: After breakfast, the tour might include guided hikes to different areas of the park. There are various trails that offer different perspectives of the volcanic landscapes, rainforests, and lava flows.
- Punalu’u Black Sand Beach: On the way back, the tour might stop at Punalu’u Black Sand Beach, a beautiful beach famous for its jet-black sand and the chance to spot Hawaiian green sea turtles (honu).
- Return to Starting Point: The tour will conclude with a return to the starting point or a designated drop-off location.
3. An overnight tour to Wailua Valley and Waterfalls
An overnight tour to Wailua Valley and Waterfalls on the island of Kauai, Hawaii, offers a wonderful opportunity to explore the lush landscapes, scenic waterfalls, and cultural sites of the area. As of my last update in September 2021, here’s what you might expect from such a tour:
Day 1: Exploring Wailua Valley and Waterfalls
- Pickup and Departure: The tour will likely start with a pickup from a designated location on Kauai. After a short introduction and briefing, the group will head towards Wailua Valley.
- Wailua River Cruise: You might embark on a boat cruise on the Wailua River, which is the only navigable river in Hawaii. The cruise will take you through lush landscapes and may include cultural insights into the significance of the river to the native Hawaiians.
- Fern Grotto: One of the highlights of the Wailua River cruise is a visit to the Fern Grotto, a natural amphitheater draped in lush ferns. You can enjoy a short walk to the grotto and learn about its cultural and botanical significance.
- Opaeka’a Falls: After the river cruise, the tour might visit Opaeka’a Falls, a scenic waterfall that cascades into a beautiful pool. You’ll have an opportunity to take photos and enjoy the view.
- Check-In at Accommodation: The tour will likely take you to your overnight accommodation, which could be a hotel, resort, or lodge in the area.
- Evening Activities: In the evening, you might have the option to explore the nearby area, enjoy dinner at a local restaurant, or participate in cultural activities and entertainment provided by the tour operator.
Day 2: Waterfall Hike and Departure
- Breakfast: Start the day with breakfast at your accommodation or at a designated location.
- Wailua Falls Hike: Depending on the tour itinerary, you might embark on a guided hike to Wailua Falls, another iconic waterfall on Kauai. The hike will take you through tropical vegetation and provide stunning views of the falls.
- Swimming (if permitted): If conditions permit and the tour includes it, you might have the chance to swim in a designated area of the river or visit a natural swimming hole.
- Cultural Experiences: The tour might include additional cultural experiences, such as learning about traditional Hawaiian crafts, music, or dance.
- Return to Starting Point: The tour will conclude with a return to the starting point or a designated drop-off location, where you can continue your Kauai adventures or depart for your next destination.
4. 2-Day Niagara Falls and Tannersville Outlet Shopping Tour from New York by Bus
A 2-Day Niagara Falls and Tannersville Outlet Shopping Tour from New York by bus offers an exciting combination of natural wonders and shopping experiences. Please note that my information is based on data up to September 2021, and tour offerings may have changed since then. Here’s what you might expect from such a tour:
Day 1: Departure from New York and Niagara Falls
- Departure from New York: The tour typically starts early in the morning with a departure from a designated location in New York City. You’ll board a comfortable bus for the journey.
- Travel to Niagara Falls: The bus will take you on a scenic drive to Niagara Falls, crossing through several states along the way.
- Arrival at Niagara Falls: Upon arrival, you’ll check into your hotel near Niagara Falls, where you’ll spend the night.
- Niagara Falls Exploration: Depending on the tour itinerary, you’ll have time to explore the iconic Niagara Falls. This may include visits to the American Falls, Horseshoe Falls, and Bridal Veil Falls, as well as viewpoints like Prospect Point and Luna Island.
- Optional Activities: Some tours may offer optional activities, such as a boat tour (such as the Maid of the Mist or Hornblower) to get up close to the falls, or visits to attractions like the Cave of the Winds or the Niagara Falls Observation Tower.
- Evening at Leisure: In the evening, you’ll have free time to explore the surrounding area, enjoy dinner, or simply relax at your hotel.
Day 2: Tannersville Outlet Shopping and Return to New York
- Checkout from Hotel: After breakfast at the hotel, you’ll check out and prepare for the next leg of the tour.
- Tannersville Outlet Shopping: The bus will take you to Tannersville, Pennsylvania, where you’ll visit one of the popular outlet shopping centers. Here, you can browse and shop for a variety of brand-name items at discounted prices.
- Lunch (if included): Depending on the tour, lunch may be included as part of the shopping experience or at a designated stop along the way.
- Return to New York: After a day of shopping, the bus will start its journey back to New York City.
- Arrival in New York: The tour will conclude upon arrival back in New York City, where you’ll be dropped off at the same or a designated location.
Please note that the specific details of the tour may vary depending on the tour operator and current conditions. Always check with the tour provider for the most up-to-date information, inclusions, and any safety measures in place. Additionally, be prepared for changes due to weather conditions or any unexpected circumstances that may arise during the tour.
5. 2-Day Yosemite National Park Tour from San Francisco
A 2-day Yosemite National Park tour from San Francisco is a fantastic way to explore the breathtaking natural beauty of one of America’s most iconic national parks.
Day 1: Departure from San Francisco and Yosemite Valley
• Departure from San Francisco: The tour typically begins early in the morning with a departure from a designated location in San Francisco. You’ll board a comfortable bus or van for the journey.
• Scenic Drive to Yosemite: As you leave San Francisco, the bus will take you on a picturesque drive through the California countryside towards Yosemite National Park.
• Entrance to Yosemite National Park: Once you arrive at Yosemite National Park, you’ll enter through one of the park’s main entrances and start your exploration.
• Yosemite Valley: The tour will likely take you to Yosemite Valley, the park’s central area known for its iconic landmarks, such as El Capitan, Half Dome, Bridalveil Fall, and Yosemite Falls. You’ll have the opportunity to take in the stunning scenery and capture memorable photos.
• Guided Tours and Hikes: Depending on the tour itinerary, you may have guided tours or optional hikes available, allowing you to experience the park’s natural wonders up close and learn about its geology, flora, and fauna.
• Accommodation in Yosemite: At the end of the day, you’ll check into your accommodation within or near the park. Options may include lodges, cabins, or hotels, depending on the tour package.
Day 2: More Yosemite Exploration and Return to San Francisco
• Continued Exploration: After breakfast, you’ll continue your exploration of Yosemite National Park. Depending on the tour duration and interests of the group, you may visit additional points of interest and enjoy more time in the park’s scenic areas.
• Mariposa Grove (if included): Some tours may include a visit to Mariposa Grove, where you can see giant sequoia trees, including the famous Grizzly Giant and California Tunnel Tree.
• Lunch (if included): Depending on the tour, lunch may be provided as part of the package or at a designated stop within the park.
• Departure from Yosemite: In the late afternoon or early evening, you’ll depart from Yosemite National Park and head back to San Francisco.
• Arrival in San Francisco: The tour will conclude upon arrival back in San Francisco, where you’ll be dropped off at the same or a designated location.
Please keep in mind that the specific details of the tour may vary depending on the tour operator and current conditions. Always check with the tour provider for the most up-to-date information, inclusions, and any safety measures in place. Additionally, be prepared for changes due to weather conditions or any unexpected circumstances that may arise during the tour. Yosemite National Park is a vast and dynamic place, so take advantage of the tour guides’ expertise and enjoy the unique experience of exploring this natural wonder.
6. Niagara Falls, USA Guided Overnight tour – Travel and Gears
There’s so much to see at Niagara Falls, it can be hard to plan a trip by yourself. Whether you’re visiting from New York or Canada, this guided Niagara Falls tour hits all the must-see sights such as Bridal Veil Falls, the American Falls, and Horseshoe Falls. It also includes tickets to the Cave of the Winds and Prospect Point Observation Tower, plus a Maid of the Mist boat ride.
- See all three falls during this guided Niagara Falls tour
- Feel the spray of the falls during a Maid of the Mist boat ride
- Admission to Cave of the Winds positions you behind Bridal Veil Falls
- Stand above the Niagara Gorge on the Prospect Point Observation Tower
- Multiple times offered to fit your busy schedule
- Choose from pickup and drop-off in New York or Canada
Which attractions will I visit with Niagara Falls American Side Highlights Tour from USA?
During this experience, places you will visit include:
Niagara Falls Observation Tower
Niagara Falls State Park
Discover and book Niagara Falls American Side Highlights Tour from USA on Tripadvisor
Itinerary: Travel n Gears – Travel and Gears
You’ll start at
One Niagara Welcome Center
Or, you can also get picked up
Niagara Falls State Park
Maid Of The Mist
Pass by Horseshoe Falls
Niagara Falls Observation Tower
Cave of the Winds
Bridal Veil Falls
Whirlpool State Park
Three Sisters Island
You’ll return to the starting point
7. Pacific Beach (Think Waves, Brunch and Dancing) – San Diego Tour
Pacific Beach in San Diego is renowned for its relaxed atmosphere, waterfront dining, and vibrant nightlife, making it a favorite spot among the younger crowd. The perpetual summer vacation vibes, coupled with the refreshing scent of the ocean, create the perfect setting for a delightful time in the sun. So, if you’re seeking an exciting weekend escape filled with surfing, delicious tacos, dancing, and fantastic ambiance, gather your friends, pack sunscreen, and prepare for an unforgettable party. Here’s your guide on how to make the most of 48 hours in Pacific Beach.
Welcome to The Wayfarer San Diego, a newly renovated surf-chic hotel nestled in the heart of PB. Prepare to be delighted with our freshly upgraded suites, exuding both trendiness and inviting warmth. Embodying a stylish yet laid-back ambiance, this hotel offers everything you could ever desire for an exceptional waterfront getaway. Imagine stepping onto the outdoor deck, separated from the beach only by a glass wall, granting you the perfect proximity to the sand and the soothing sounds of the waves.
Our heated pool and hot tub await, providing the ultimate relaxation spot, while an outdoor fire pit adds a touch of coziness to your evenings. Don’t miss the opportunity to admire the stunning blue mural adorning the space, lovingly crafted by a talented local artist. Lounge in a comfortable chair, facing the boardwalk, allowing you to indulge in endless people-watching as you bask in the sun.
Bright and beachy, our rooms offer a haven of comfort and style. Many of them feature colorful murals and boast breathtaking ocean views, ensuring your stay is nothing short of extraordinary. Additionally, our unbeatable location right on the boardwalk grants you easy access to everything on your Pacific Beach to-do list.
Whether you crave poolside relaxation or plan to explore the myriad attractions nearby, The Wayfarer San Diego serves as the perfect home base for your thrilling PB weekend adventure. So come join us and embark on an unforgettable experience filled with surf, chic vibes, and cherished memories.
8. San Francisco attractions, tours and the memorable adventures you can take
ATTRACTIONS & ACTIVITIES
As San Francisco’s most popular visitor destination, see a wide range of land and sea activities.
Family-friendly activities than any other part of San Francisco.
Fun at the Wharf includes Bike Rentals, Bay Cruises, Museums and much, much more!
What are the other places to visit in San Francisco?
- Madame Tussauds
- Aquarium of the Bay
- Bay City Bike Rentals and Tours
- 501 Bay Street
- Big Bus Tours
- 99 Jefferson Street
- Blazing Saddles Bike Rentals and Tours
- Blue & Gold Fleet
- Cartoon Art Museum
- GoCar Tours
- Hyde Street Pier – San Francisco Maritime National Historic Park
- Lucky Tuk Tuk
- Musée Mécanique
- Red and White San Francisco Bay Cruises
9. Sportfishing Trip from Fort Lauderdale
For those who want to go deep-sea fishing but don’t want to charter a boat, secure your spot on this small-group excursion. Board your boat with a handful of people and head out onto the Atlantic Ocean to troll for sailfish, wahoo, mahi-mahi, tuna, and more. This trip is ideal for solo travelers or smaller groups who want to meet other fishing enthusiasts. Join a small-group deep-sea fishing trip on the Atlantic All necessary and equipment and instruction is provided A small group means more attention from your crew Your crew can clean up your catch for your next meal
10. Quebec's Eastern Townships - Lakes, Lights & Lavender Fields
Travel back in time and take in the old-world flavor of Québec’s Eastern Townships. In the foothills of the Appalachian Mountains, uncover the delights of charming French villages, lush green valleys, enchanted woods, idyllic farmland and Victorian Architecture.
Savor the local flavors of the area with Traditional High Tea, Local Honey, Cheese tasting, Black Currants, Quebec Wines, Spirits, and Craft Brews. Bask in the sights and scents of Lavender, flowers, topiary, sculptures & more. Relax at the beautiful 5-star OTL Gouverneur Hotel for all four nights.
There are other top ten popular USA overnight tours that were frequently enjoyed by travelers: Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona: Witness the awe-inspiring beauty of the Grand Canyon and explore its various viewpoints and hiking trails.
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming: Discover geysers, hot springs, waterfalls, and abundant wildlife in one of the world’s oldest national parks.
- New York City, New York: Experience the vibrant city life, visit iconic landmarks like the Statue of Liberty, Times Square, and Central Park.
- San Francisco, California: Enjoy the Golden Gate Bridge, Alcatraz Island, and diverse neighborhoods in this beautiful West Coast city.
- Las Vegas, Nevada: Embrace the excitement of the Las Vegas Strip with its world-class entertainment, casinos, and shows.
- New Orleans, Louisiana: Immerse yourself in the unique culture, music, and cuisine of the lively city known for its festivals and Mardi Gras.
- Washington, D.C.: Visit the nation’s capital to explore its historical monuments, museums, and government buildings.
- Hawaiian Islands: Experience the tropical paradise of Hawaii, with its stunning beaches, volcanic landscapes, and vibrant culture.
- Alaska Cruise: Embark on a cruise through Alaska’s scenic fjords, glaciers, and wildlife-rich wilderness.
- New England Fall Foliage: Take a tour through the northeastern states during autumn to witness the stunning fall foliage.
Hey there, fellow travel and gear enthusiasts! This is Samantha, and I’m excited to share my thrilling journey to Caernarfon, Wales, UK, in June 2023.