Argentina UNESCO commitment has registered 11 sites on the World Heritage list and 10 sites on the tentative list.
Some places are so interesting that it’s relevant to keep them for future generations. This is why UNESCO has built a list of crucial classified properties in which there are superb places that stand out for their aesthetic, natural, artistic or cultural significance.
More than a thousand places are registered as Unesco’s World Heritage around the world. Due to my personal interest in visiting World Heritage sites, I put together the UNESCO list in Argentina and the corresponding map.
Argentina UNESCO list
- Cueva de las Manos, Río Pinturas
- Jesuit Block and Estancias of Córdoba
- Jesuit Missions of the Guaranis: San Ignacio Mini, Santa Ana, Nuestra Señora de Loreto and Santa Maria Mayor
- Qhapaq Ñan, Andean Road System
- Quebrada de Humahuaca
- The Architectural Work of Le Corbusier
- Iguazu National Park
- Ischigualasto / Talampaya Natural Parks
- Los Alerces National Park
- Los Glaciares National Park
- Península Valdés
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Argentina are protected places for their cultural and natural importance.
Argentina UNESCO Map
Click on the blue pins to view more relevant information about each World Heritage site in Argentina.
Sites on the Tentative List
- Valle Calchaquí
- Sierra de las Quijadas National Park
- La Payunia, Campos Volcánicos Llancanelo y Payún Matrú
- Geological, Paleontological and Archaeological Provincial Reserve Pehuén co – Monte Hermoso
- Moisés Ville
- ESMA Site Museum
- City of Tigre and its rowing clubs
- Buenos Aires – La Plata
- Cueva de las Manos
- Sanmartinian Routes