Cuba UNESCO commitment has registered 9 sites on the World Heritage list and 3 sites on the tentative list.
Some places are so interesting that it’s relevant to keep them for future generations. This is why UNESCO has built a list of crucial classified properties in which there are superb places that stand out for their aesthetic, natural, artistic or cultural significance.
More than a thousand places are registered as Unesco’s World Heritage around the world. Due to my personal interest in visiting World Heritage sites, I put together the UNESCO list in Cuba and the corresponding map.
Cuba UNESCO list
- Archaeological Landscape of the First Coffee Plantations in the South-East of Cuba
- Historic Centre of Camagüey
- Old Havana and its Fortification System
- San Pedro de la Roca Castle, Santiago de Cuba
- Trinidad and the Valley de los Ingenios
- Urban Historic Centre of Cienfuegos
- Viñales Valley
- Alejandro de Humboldt National Park
- Desembarco del Granma National Park
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Cuba are protected places for their cultural and natural importance.
Cuba UNESCO Map
Click on the blue pins to view more relevant information about each World Heritage site in Cuba.
Sites on the Tentative List
- National Schools of Art, Cubanacán
- Ciénaga de Zapata National Park
- Reef System in the Cuban Caribbean