Lebanon UNESCO commitment has registered 5 sites on the World Heritage list and 10 sites on the tentative list.
Some places are so interesting that it’s relevant to keep them for future generations. This is why UNESCO has built a list of crucial classified properties in which there are superb places that stand out for their aesthetic, natural, artistic or cultural significance.
More than a thousand places are registered as Unesco’s World Heritage around the world. Due to my personal interest in visiting World Heritage sites, I put together the UNESCO list in Lebanon and the corresponding map.
Lebanon UNESCO list
- Ouadi Qadisha and the Forest of the Cedars of God
UNESCO World Heritage Sites in Lebanon are protected places for their cultural and natural importance.
Lebanon UNESCO Map
Click on the blue pins to view more relevant information about each World Heritage site in Lebanon.
Sites on the Tentative List
- Le centre historique de la ville de Batroun
- Temple d’Echmoun
- Village de Menjez
- Sacred Mount Hermon and its associated cultural monuments
- Le site archeologique de Nahr el-Kalb
- Centre historique de Saida
- The castles of Mount Amel: Qalaat Al Chakif (Beaufoert castle), Qalaat Tibnin (Toron castle), Qalaat Chakra (Dubieh castle), Qalaat Deir kifa (Maron Castle), Burj Al Naoqoura (Naqoura tower)
- L’ancienne ville de Tripoli
- La foire internationale Rachid Karameh de Tripoli-Liban
- Ras al-Qalaat promontory / Ras Al Natour promontory / Ras el-Mlelih Promontory